Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Blogging Left Behind

A few days back, someone in Twitter asked me why I don't blog regularly? Being a struggling blogger, I was overwhelmed to receive such a question for it meant there was someone out there who cared enough not only to check my blog and but also enquire about the problem behind the long gaps in between the posts. Honestly, I was touched.
But then I checked my blog only to find that though my last post was in the last month, the second last one was in the month of February. So there was a gap of about three months which did shock me a bit. It made me wonder what was I doing all this time that I didn't post anything and not even realised it.
There was a time when I used to check my blog everyday, numerous times sometimes for the number of visitors or for new comments. Hardly, I got it out of my mind. And now I spent three months without even thinking about it once. So what's the reason behind this transformation?
After a while, I realized the reason was always my friends. Previously, in my school days, I used to have a great bunch of friends. Some of them were even the toppers of our school but we, who were not really that good at studies, never felt any barriers in our friendship. We all shared our foods & feelings amongst ourselves and honestly I never felt like I was a black sheep in the group or something of that sort.   But then we all went on to college to pursue higher studies. All of us got different colleges at different places, ranging from the local colleges to foreign countries like US. Distance separated us and no matter how much connected we were through Facebook or the social media it did take a toll on our friendship. Though we all still make it a point to meet and catch a movie together during our holidays and the usual cordiality exists, we all got to know in the back of our minds the intimacy was lost.

The new places did come with a lot of new friends. I have been into college for about two years by now and during all this time I had made only a handful of friends for I have been repeatedly told by many elders and well-wishers that college is a place to make your career, you don't find friends in here. All over here  make a show of friendship and are ready to back stab you at any moment for their personal gains. The last place you find some real friends is the school. So, following the advice, I made friends with only two to three people that too for the purpose of studies like taking notes when I miss some lectures and such things. But then, one day, I met a girl of our class through a common friend. We then did a project on robotics together which made us spend a lot of time in each others company, and we got to know one another. It was strange how we shared almost the same interests and we became besties in no time. After some time, it was impossible to imagine life without her. Then again, I met some of her friends who were also really sweet like her and I almost immediately stuck a chord with them. And then, I realized how wrong those people were who said true friends are made only in schools. Very soon, they meant my life to me.
If you have successfully reached this point of the post patiently reading all the things above, you may be wondering what has all this got to do with the frequency of my blog posts. But trust me, there's a connection. In the previous times, I shared my time and my feelings with my friends but somehow that didn't satisfy me for which I had to blog to quench my thirst. But with this new bunch of friends, I felt complete, contended and satisfied. There was no need to blog to let my feelings out. I got so involved with them that I was completely oblivious about my blog. It had lost its original need.
It is to be noted that I don't blame my old pals in any way, so no hard feelings please if any of you are reading this. But due to some unknown reason (which I haven't worked out still) I didn't feel complete with you guys but now I am with my college buddies.

1 comment: